Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Precipitation

We began discussing precipitation today.  I wrote the word on the board and had students say the word with me a couple of times.  Then we talked about the different kinds of precipitation.  I wanted the students to become familiar with the word, so we did a making words activity.  I passed out the letters for PRECIPITATION to each student and a recording sheet.

  Next, we completed a sentence to describe four types of precipitation and drew a picture for each.  Download by clicking on the picture.
Yesterday, we discussed wind and filled out the cloud charts together as a class after reading two nonfiction books about wind.


Then we filled in our information page about wind from the weather book I posted on Monday.
Tomorrow we will be discussing the water cycle.  I have some fun activities to do with my students so check back tomorrow :)



1 comments:

Kris... said...

great ideas! Thx for sharing. We're studying this as well.
www.luv2teachgirl.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...