Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wrap up of our week

The last two weeks have been cr-a-zy!  We had Terra Nova testing three days last week and our corporation wide Reading assessment.  Then this week, our 1st graders had to take the GT placement test.  Poor things!  They were worn out :( 
We did try to throw in some fun Easter things this week though.  I posted some Easter writing paper earlier this week and said I'd try to post some pictures of our eggs later on.  I thought they were cute.

After students made their eggs, they wrote a descriptive paragraph about their eggs.  Next, I taped all the eggs to the board...
And read the descriptions.  Students had to guess which egg description I was reading.  They had fun with this and it was a great lesson on teaching descriptive writing.
During a different writing lesson this week, I encouraged my students to use "Fancy Nancy" words. (You can check out the post here.)  If they used a word, I put a squirt of glitter glue on it and rubbed the glitter over the word.  Such a fun way to encourage great vocabulary in their writing.

 In between all this, we also finished up our reading unit on the Bossy R Triplets.  You can check it out at TpT if you're interested. 

Now to enjoy the 3 day weekend!  Happy Easter everyone!

4 comments:

Hope said...

I love the glitter glue idea! Wish I had thought of it when I was teaching. Have a fantastic Easter weekend with your girls!

Meagan said...

I love the Easter Egg idea!

P.S: I live in Indiana too!! :)

Mrs. Coe said...

Love the ideas and I am so glad to be here! www.littlemisskindergarten.blogspot.com

Jessica Watermelon :) said...

Love the idea of having them write about their eggs. What a great way to get some descriptive writing in!

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...