Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Favorites


My number one favorite in Blogland this week, was DEFINTELY, without a doubt, the great deals from TpT!  I bought so many supercute units and I'm sure that many of them will be showing up in future "Friday Favorites" posts.  However, there are two units that I had purchased before these sales that I used recently and they definitely deserve a shout out.
First, the Fraction Action Unit from Cara Carroll at The First Grade Parade.  We introduced fractions about 2 weeks ago and my kiddos were just not getting it.  I decided to go ahead and buy this unit to see if I could find something that would benefit them.  The Book of Fractions was very useful for my students.  You can click here to view the post about Cara's Fraction Action Unit.

These pictures are directly from thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com

Another great unit that I had purchased was the Fabulous Fairy Tales Unit from First Grade Brain. I had my eye on this, but last week when our principal announced that Friday was going to be "Dress like Royalty Day" to celebrate the Royal Wedding, I knew that I needed this unit.  I threw my plans out the window for Friday and I taught the genre of Fairy Tales all day while dressed in an old bridesmaid dress, a tiara, and the veil from my wedding dress.  Too much fun!  This unit has a lot of great story maps and writing paper.  You can check it out by clicking here.
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Mrs. Magee said...

Thanks for featuring my unit! I'm glad you found it useful for your class. I agree, the fraction unit is great too. I have a copy of that myself. :)

http://www.firstgradebrain.com

Amanda said...

LOVE your blog!

Amanda
http://www.oneextradegree.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...