Thursday, May 5, 2011

I can tell it's May in my classroom and there's only 4 weeks of school left.  I love that my students know procedures.  I love that they are starting to catch onto all the things they've learned this year.  I love that they know my expectations.  However, I hate that they know how and when to push each other's buttons and they are just plain sick of each other.  First grade kindness has gone out the window.  SO, to reinforce "being kind," I have created a Kindness Chain in my classroom.
Everytime I catch someone or the the whole class being kind, I write in on a strip of construction paper and staple it to our chain.
As soon as the chain touches the ground, they earn a party of their choice.  They are really into this right now and it's a constant reminder because it's very noticable hanging from our ceiling.  What are some fun things you are doing to encourage kindness?

6 comments:

Laurie Hilton said...

I love this idea Jodi! I'm having the same problem with first graders right now, too. Thanks for sharing!! :)
MorningSunFirstGrade

Jessica Watermelon :) said...

What a great idea! I am using good points to recreate unity among my kiddos. Whenever their pod is doing the right thing and they are setting a good example for the rest of the pods, they are rewarded with an extra good point. It is serious competition right now!

-Jessica
http://wonderfulwatermelon.blogspot.com/

Kelsey said...

love this idea! starting it on monday!!

Mrs. Degeo said...

I just became a follower from TBA, and I love, love, love this idea! I will begin today! :) Thanks for sharing!

Ms.M said...

I love this idea! This is a fantastic visual way for students to see how kind they have been to one another. Thank you so much for sharing.

Ms. M
Ms.M's Blog
A Teacher's Plan

Holly said...

I love this idea!

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...