Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Favorites

I have not had a whole lot of time for blogging since the start of the school year, but I am bringing Friday Favorites back today.  I have used numerous things from the blogging world in the last couple of weeks.  My Friday Favorites for this week include the following:
I started using Cara Carroll's Math Notebooks this year from her Calendar Companion and I LOVE them!!!  The daily sheet took quite a while during the first 2 weeks, but already, my students are becoming more independent.  I know that even the ones that need an extra push will be independent in all of these important skills by the end of the year.
In the front of the Math Notebooks, I have students keep a spiral notebook that we use as our Math Notebook.  Each day, I cut out a Math prompt for the students to glue and then solve.  I have been using Anna Brantley's Math Journal prompts and they've been great.  Sure, I could create my own, but why reinvent the wheel.  I'm hoping she will be having some more available for next month ;)  Hint, hint, Anna!

I found this FREE idea at Funky First Grade.  I have scrambled up someone's name with magnetic letters each day for us to do our Name of the Day.  We will finish up next week.  It's takes about 5 minutes of the day and it's totally worth it to see that student's face light up when they are the mystery name.

I have tons more ideas to come that I have found in the Blogging World.  I will share more next Friday :)

3 comments:

Anna Brantley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna Brantley said...

You are too sweet to post about my math journal prompts!! I will have a new set out next week:) Thanks again for the shout out!! You are AWESOME!!!

Kimberly said...

Hi Jodi,
You are so kind to feature my name of the day freebie! I'm honored that you like it.
Kimberly
Funky First Grade Fun

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...