Sunday, October 30, 2011

Five Little Pumpkins

If you are needing a last minute Halloween activity for tomorrow, here is something that I did last week.  I passed out the poem, "Five Little Pumpkins."
Click to download
We read it a couple of times and I introduced quotation marks.  After giving some examples of quotation marks, I passed out each of the quotes from the pumpkins in speech bubbles.
Click to download
I gave each student a 12x18 piece of construction paper and 5 orange squares, about 4x4.  The students drew a fence, cut out and decorated their pumpkins, and glued on the speech bubbles to illustrate their poems.


I know that tomorrow will be cr-a-zy with it being Halloween and "Book Character Day" at school!!!  It will be an organized chaos kind of day :)

5 comments:

Jen R. (The Teachers' Cauldron) said...

this would be a good one to practice ordinals for 2nd even! thanks!

First Grade Fanatics said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
First Grade Fanatics said...

Thanks Jodi! Just what I needed :)

MJ @ Teaching in Heels said...

Cute idea. Thanks for sharing :)

Kristina said...

Great idea! Introducing quotation marks to my son and this is a perfect go-along!

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...