Thursday, October 20, 2011

Spiders

Wow.  I just cannot seem to find the time to get any posts written lately.  I am still working on some follow up things from my last post about Small Group Reading and I hope to have that up eventually ;)
This week, we are discussing spiders.  We have read some great books.



Next, we came up with ideas for Spiders can, spiders have, and spiders are.

Click to download

We used these for our writing. 

Click to download

 After students completed their writing, I painted their hands to make handprint spiders.
 We also made an adjective and verb chart, inspired by Cara at The First Grade Parade.

Tomorrow, we will be making some fun spider hats.  If I get a chance, I'll try and post a picture.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Super fun stuff! :) And I'm looking forward to your next guided reading post!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Mrs. Moran said...

I just gave you the Blogs on Fire Award. Thanks for inspiring me. Please share 7 things about yourself and pass the award on.

Kimberly
1st in Maine

Mrs.LaSota's Blog said...

I ABSOLUTELY love your blog! I just downloaded your October fluency packet and I am amazed at the time that it must take to create all of those! Thanks for being so creative and sharing everything. I can't wait to write about spiders! I love the hand print spider! AMAZING!

Kate said...

I just found your blog and I love it. You are very creative! I really love the writing organizer "Spiders Can...Have...Are" Is that something you came up with or is it part of a program/technique that you use?
I teach K/1 students with special needs and writing is BY FAR the most difficult thing for me to teach. I used the can/have/are list today for one writing group and the results were nothing short of a miracle. Thanks for your great ideas!

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...