Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Linky Parties

You know how those last few weeks before Christmas Break, you start thinking of all the things you are going to get done in your time off, and then the time comes, and somehow you don't get ANY of it done.  Well, that's what has happened to me at least.  I completely put off my January Fluency Passages to work on during break, but now there's less than a week left, and they are still not done!!!  Sorry :(  I will be working on them this week and hope to have them posted towards the end of the week.  I have to say though that this last week has been wonderful!!  Christmas is so magical through the eyes of a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old.  I wish every morning could be Christmas morning!
Since I starting Blog Stalking again this morning, I found two fun Linky Parties that I wanted to participate in.  The first one is over at Fern Smith's Blog.
Fern is asking everyone to share their top three blog posts from 2011.  This is always so interesting to go through stats to see which posts are the most popular.  For a long time, my Dr. Seuss activities were the most popular, by far.  However, three new posts have officially taken the top spots.

1. "What's Your Favorite Back to School Activity?" with 21,459 views.  This was a Linky Party as well, so I'm sure that is why there are so many views.


 2.  "Helping Parents Help Their Children" with 16,330 views.

2.  "Teaching Reading with Small Groups" with 14,734 views.

Another interesting Linky Party going on is over at A Teeny Tiny Teacher and Miss Kindergarten.
This one has 11 different categories for you to discuss.

11. Favorite movie you watched:
This one is hard for me because I'm not really a movie watcher.  I pretty much watch Disney movies with my daughters.  Other than that though, I did go and watch Breaking Dawn with my friends from my school. 
 
We all went to the 10:00 pm movie on the last day of school before Thanksgiving Break.  We all put our kids to bed and left them with the hubbies, while we went to the late movie.  We all needed caffeine to stay away so late, but it was a fun time :) 
10. Favorite TV series:
I have always been a huge Grey's Anatomy fan.
 
One of my new favorite shows is Person of Interest.  It is awesome and my husband loves it too.

9. Favorite restaurant:
Tokyo Japanese Grill, Olive Garden, or Applebees
 
8. Favorite new thing you tried:
Selling on Teachers Pay Teachers and Teachers Notebook was something new from this year.  One of the best decisions I ever made.
 
7. Favorite gift you got:
A Citizens watch from my husband.
 
I love it!!!  He said he has had his eye on this watch for about 3 years and he finally got it for me this year.

6. Favorite thing you pinned:
I don't think I could ever decide.  I love Pinterest.  You can follow me here.
 
5. Favorite blog post:
This one is a hard one.  We will go with my post from August titled 1st and 2nd Day of School.  In this post, I shared my lesson plans and activities that I would be doing during the 1st and 2nd day of school this year.  I know I love to get a glimpse into other teacher's classrooms during those first few days and I was trying to do this for others.
 
4. Best accomplishment:
I actually just had one of my ideas published in The Mailbox for the February/March 2012 1st grade edition.  I thought that was pretty cool.
3. Favorite picture:
My friend from school, our PE teacher actually, is an amazing photographer.  She took some pictures of my girls this fall and this is one of my favorites.  I love the sisterly love here.  I know it won't last forever, but I will always have this as a reminder once they hit their teenage years.
 
2. Favorite memory:
I don't think I can narrow it down to one this year.  I was lucky enough to have a new niece and a new nephew born this year, we went on a great family vacation to Washington DC and to the mountains in Virginia, Christmas this year was AWESOME, and many more.
 
1. Goal for 2012:
 I want to take advantage of every second with my family.  My girls are growing up so fast and I know in the blink of an eye, they will be grown up.

15 comments:

A Teacher's Treasure said...

omg your daughters' picture is so precious!!! I'm a Grey's fan too! I love when they have marathons of it on TV!

Also, I have a linky party & a questioner on my blog that I would really love your feedback on. Please stop by and give me your opinion.
Thanks!!!
❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
A Teacher's Treasure

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Those are some awesome numbers! And that picture of your girls is beautiful! (the watch isn't bad, either! lol)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Kristin said...

Thanks for linking up!!! :)
That b&w photo of your girls is beautiful. And hopefully they will be close when they grow up -- I LOVE my sisters.
Shoot - I should have said Grey's Anatomy. And Olive Garden.
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Kelley Cirrito said...

My favorite gift was a watch too. I just found your blog! I love the name of it and all the bright colors.

Jennifer said...

I love the picture of your girls! They are so precious when they are little! I've just started watching Person of Interest and I'm loving it!

Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

Jen R. (The Teachers' Cauldron) said...

Your teaching small groups post was awaesome!I actually emailed you a while ago about 2nd grade version :)It was very inspirational...
Jen Ross
The Teachers’ Cauldron

Erika said...

My husband and I love Person of Interest too! Jim isn't too hard on the eyes!
2B Honey Bunch

Katie said...

I am checking out your reading post pronto!!! I am about to start the Daily 5 and CAFE this semester with my 6th graders and I am always looking for ideas for it!

Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher

Hadar said...

Congrats on getting your idea published!!! That's awesome! But I'm not surprised! And your girls are adorable!!! Love that picture!

Hadar :)

Holly said...

Love the picture of your daughters!!!! So darn cute! :)

Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

Amy said...

I LOVE your blog!!!! I will definitely be working on my post today to link up with you guys!

I also wanted to let you know that I'm doing a giveaway and it ends today on my blog for my New Year's Unit if you want to check it out :)

http://thelandof2ndgrade.blogspot.com/

Fern Smith said...

Thank you for linking up at my Linky Party and letting your readers know about it too!
I loved seeing your top three posts. I am now following you EVERYWHERE!
Happy New Year,
~Fern
Fern Smith’s Classroom Ideas!
Fern Smith’s Pinterest Boards!

Stacey said...

Love the picture of your girls! So true, enjoy them when they're little because all of a sudden, they're adults! You have a great blog, thanks for sharing. I also sent you a pinterest request.

kindergartenbasics said...

I'm your newest follower from the K Expo Linky Party. Love your blog. I hope you'll visit mine.

kindergartenbasics said...

I'm your newest follower from the linky party. I loved your blog on how to help a parent help their child. I've had some parents like that too - so humbling. Congrats on being published in the Mailbox! Keep writing - I finally got my K book published. Hope you can visit my blog.

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...