Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fancy Nancy is Back!

If you've been reading this blog for awhile, you may remember this post about Fancy Nancy.  Last year I didn't start reading Fancy Nancy until April, but this year I was determined to start earlier.  Well, it's January and I actually did it :)  I have kind of changed up my bulletin board a bit.
I read a different Fancy Nancy book every Monday, while I'm dressed up as Fancy Nancy, of course.  Here's a flashback from last year for you.
Here is a sign of the times for you though...when I put on all of my Fancy Nancy items last Monday, one of my students asked me if I was dressed up as Lady Gaga!  LOL!
Anyways, before reading the book, I write out the Fancy Nancy words on index cards and I introduce the words.  After reading the book, I post the words and the book onto the bulletin board.  We try to use these words during the week.
Here is the paper that the students fill out after our book.  I tell the students to write their words as fancy as they can.  Just click on the picture to download.
I still feel like I need to add more to my bulletin board.  It needs to be fancier.  Any ideas?

9 comments:

Lisa Lizak and Beth Wright said...

I love Fancy Nancy!!! Your board is so cute :) I do something similar and always use just a ton of glitter on it. We had dress like your favorite character day last year and I was Fancy Nancy :)
So happy that another teacher loves Nancy as much as I do!!! Have a wonderful rest of your day!

Lisa :)
Made In The Shade In Second Grade

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

I would get feather boas and put them around the edge!
=)Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Chrissy said...

Oooh, I was going to say feathers! Good job, Jennifer
:-)! Anything that sparkles is good, too.

This is a great idea; 90% of my class is female and they would LOVE Fancy Nancy Mondays!

ReadWriteSing

Debbie said...

Yes, I agree! It's a super cute idea! Add a little "bling" to the board (beads, costume jewelery, boas, feathers). Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Kristin said...

Teacher, Jennifer stole my idea!! I was going to say feather boas!! :) :) :)
And this is sooooo adorable - I can't wait to do this.
The Lady Gaga thing is HILARIOUS!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Kristy said...

What a great idea. I have to say that I have never read a Fancy Nancy book to my class, but this definitely inspires me to start! So fun!
Teachin' First

Annie Moffatt said...

I think you are a VERY cute Fancy Nancy! We LOVE Fancy Nancy at The Moffatt Girls Home. Now I am thinking we should do some sort of bulletin board too:) Too cute! I bet your kids just LOVE you!!

Krystal said...

I was fancy Nancy for halloween and all my students (and other kids at school) call me Miss Fancy Nancy... I am SOOO going to use this in my classroom!! To make the board more fancy, perhaps use glitter pens to write the words?? (won't last from year to year, probably... but would be cute)... or put each word on a different color of paper?? And I would add some pink to the board... also I have seen teachers who let kids put their name up when they use the fancy word during the week, or when they find it in another book (my students would use the words non-stop just to get their name up there)... I don't know, that's just a few ideas!

Kristin Young said...

Super cute! Thanks for the download. You could put a feather boa around the edge of your board to make it Nancier or my all time-favorite...glitter. Makes everything better! ;)

Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...