Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Day Writing and some Randomness

Wow!  It's been one of those weeks.  There was a full moon this week, right??  Teachers can always tell.  Anyways, we have been busy, busy, busy and I just wanted to share some of the things we have been working on.
First, we have been working on some descriptive writing.  On Monday, I decorated a heart.  We talked about adjectives and we came up with words that described my heart.  {Of course, I forgot to take a picture of my chart.}  Then on Tuesday, the students were able to decorate their own hearts.  They were in heaven.  Who isn't though with glitter, markers, foam shapes, and sequins? :)

On Wednesday, we wrote our own adjectives to describe our hearts.

Then, we used these lists to help us with our descriptive writing. 



You can download the writing papers by clicking here.

We have also been discussing Dental Health this week.  Last year, I posted some ideas for our Dental Health Unit.  You can find those here and here.
We made our toothbrushes again today and I think they turned out SO cute!


Now we're gearing up for Valentine's Day.  We made our Valentine's Day pockets and they are hanging on everyone's desk.  I have always seen so many super cute ideas for Valentine's boxes and bags, but we just don't have the counter space, so I have always had a lot of luck with these.

They're very easy.  Just take a piece of 12x18 construction paper, fold up to leave about a 2 inch space for names, staple the sides, and decorate. 


I cut out a bunch of hearts from our Ellison machine, but stickers would also be very cute.  When they are done, I just tape them to the sides of their desks.
Do you have any other great ideas for holding Valentine's that don't take up counter space?  I'd love to hear them.

10 comments:

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Those turned out really cute! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

amy.lemons said...

Love those toothbrush books!

Jennifer said...

Super cute Valentine's holders!!

Jennifer
The First Grade Dream

Kristin said...

Everything is so cute!!!
Love the die cut hearts!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Mrs. L said...

Teachers CAN tell when it is a full moon, or when the weather is going to change, or if children are not sleeping enough at night. I can always tell its going to be a crazy day when they show signs of all three. :)
Life with Mrs. L

Mrs. Poland said...

Your blog is super cute! I just ran across your site this morning. Love the valentines day activities!

Misty @
Think, Wonder, & Teach

Miss Foote said...

The toothbrushes are so cute! Started following your blog, instead of just stalking:-)

Laurie
Chickadee Jubilee

Hadar said...

umm I wish I had seen this before we made our hideous Valentine pockets...haha, I'll have to take pictures just so you guys can all sympathize with me. Luckily 1st graders don't care...haha!

Hadar
Miss Kindergarten
My Fabulous Finds

Sarah Mackey said...

These are all great activities. I have been in a panic trying to figure out how to make our Valentine's Bags and you have saved me!!!! Thanks so much.

Andi said...

I LOVE the Tooth Brushes!!!! Great ideas, as always!
Thanks for sharing,
Andi

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...