Thursday, March 15, 2012

April Poems, Fluency, and Easter

I just uploaded my April Poems and Songs to Teachers Pay Teachers and Teachers Notebook.
There is something new that I have added to this packet.  I have put in strips for each poem. 
At the Special Education conference I attended, we learned about a fluency strategy that I loved.  She told us to cut apart poems, put them in a folder or baggie, and pass them out to partners.  The partners had to read the strips and work on putting the poem in order.  This increases fluency because the students have to keep rereading it over and over again in order to put it in the correct order.  Genius!!  And, so easy!

You can check out the April Poems and Songs by clicking below.


I also wanted to remind you of my April Fluency packet that's available as well.



You can also find a weeklong Easter Fluency Packet {not included in the April Packet}.


You can find some FREE Easter writing paper that I had posted last year by clicking here and another Guess What's in My Egg Easter activity by clicking here.

11 comments:

Stacy Johnson said...

These products look fun! I am going to start diving into Spring after my Spring Break:) I need a break after all the St. Patrick's Fun!

Stacy
Mrs Johnson’s First Grade

Mrs. Cupcake said...

Everything looks great!!!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Rachelle said...

Yes!!!! Just what i needed!!!!!!

luckeyfrog said...

That fluency strategy is just so darn simple. I love it! Thanks for sharing. I wish I taught first- I would buy those fluency packets in a second!

Jenny
Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

Mrs.LaSota's Blog said...

Jodi- I LOVE your products! Keep them coming!!! :)

I stopped by to give you 2 awards! I know that you already have earned at least one of them but I just couldn't help myself!

:)

http://lasotaslittlelearners.blogspot.com

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

I love this!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Literacy Teacher said...

I love the cut up idea. I have been doing it for a while with my reading students. I used cut sentences with sight words a lot! It's a great thing for those students who are stuggling readers.

Kristin said...

Love this! Thanks for the links to your freebies, too!!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Tamera said...

Hi Jodi,
I am your newest follower! Fluency is soo fun to teach: fluency sentences, fry phrases, readers theatres, oh my!
Come check out my blog sometime. It is fairly new.

:)
Tamera

http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com

Miss Willis said...

I just awarded you with One Lovely Blog award. Check out the post: www.thegototeacher.blogspot.com

Miss J said...

Hi Jodi!! How cute!! I love The Very Hungry Caterpillar!! I am also a follower.

How do you create pics of docs like in your post April Poems, Fluency, and Easter? I know how to create screenshots but they never look as neat as yours. Thanks so much!

Miss J

Smiles, Crayons, and Endless Stories

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...