Friday, April 6, 2012

I'm Back from Vacation and a Vacation FREEBIE!!

{There is a FREEBIE at the end, so if you don't want to hear about my vacation, feel free to scroll to the bottom.}
Can I just say, I LOVE vacation!!
We took the girls to Disneyland!!  It was awesome.  We had been wanting to plan a trip to Disney World, but my husband had a conference in Anaheim at the Disneyland Resort Hotel for the Friday-Sunday before my Spring Break.  Couldn't have been better timing.  So, Disneyland it was.  Our four year old loved everything about it.  The two year old liked it, but was on edge most of the time just waiting for another character to come up and scare her ;)  We hope to go to Disney World when she is 4 or 5 so she can have the same type of excitement as the oldest. We ate at Goofy's Kitchen one morning {which I highly recommend.}  It was fabulous.  The characters come up and talk with the kids, dance with them, and really interact.  We had also made arrangements to eat with the princesses at Ariel's Grotto.  The girls liked it, but I thought Goofy's Kitchen was much better.

The characters at Goofy's Kitchen really took the time to talk with the kids.

 The girls were able to meet so many characters while we were at Disneyland.  Too bad our youngest wanted nothing to do with them.

Her favorite thing was the slide.  Going all the way to Disneyland for slide ;)
My favorite thing was the parade that they have twice a day.  It is amazing!  Everything is so detailed and perfect.  These reactions are priceless.

On our last day, we met my aunt and cousins from California to go to the aquarium in Long Beach.  We also took the girls to the beach.  They loved it even though the water was freezing cold!!!




Seriously, an amazing trip!!  Now, we are tired and resting up for Easter and back to school on Monday.

Since vacation is on my mind, I created this FREE writing activity packet to use with my students next week.
Click on the picture above to download
Here are some sample pages:




You can also download these for free over at:



If you download it, I'd love to hear what you think.

19 comments:

Rachel Seymour said...

Thanks for the freebie! Looks like your family had a great time!

I've been to Disney World and Disneyland! They're both great! :)

Rachel
A-B-Seymour

Mrs. Cupcake said...

Fun freebie!
Belle is my favorite.. now I want to go to Disney lol
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Kristin said...

Loved looking at all of the pics!!! My niece used to freak out over characters, too . . . that's hard!!! :)
Thanks so much for the freebie - totally going to use it!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Kate said...

Thank you for the freebie. I love Disney World but I have yet to go to Disneyland!

Mrs. Hodson said...

Looks like your vacation was a blast! I love Disneyland too:)Thanks for the freebie!

Edana said...

I love vacations! I'm headed to California in June too & you've got me super excited with these photos!

Your girls are adorable. My little one was the about the same age when we first took her to Disney and she was scared of everything too :(

Color Me Kinder

Kimberly said...

Love the pictures! Disney really is the best family vacation. Thanks for the freebies! Can't wait to use them.
Kimberly
Funky First Grade Fun

Reagan Tunstall said...

such fabulous pictures!!!
You are so adorable too!
Thanks for letting us peek at your vacation Jodi!

Jill said...

One of the girls who was in my sorority in college is Sleeping Beauty at Disney World!! Whenever I see her pictures on facebook I think that is so crazy!!

It looks like you had a great time. :)

Marvelous Multiagers!

Janine said...

Disney is our favorite place to visit! Thanks for the freebie, it is too cute!

Faithful in First

Hadar said...

I'm still upset that I didn't get to meet you!! :(((

Jen R. @ The Teachers' Cauldron said...

aw - those faces were PRICELESS!! So glad you had fun!! :)

♥ Jen
The Teacher's Cauldron

Jessica said...

Your vacation pictures are awesome!! I love your daughters' reactions and faces! Way too cute! :)
Jessica

Apples and Papers

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the tips! We are going to California for a family wedding in 2 weeks and are going to Disneyland with the kids too! Now I can have the kids fill out your lovely freebie before we go! I am off to look up Goofy's Kitchen and see if we can get in now! By the way, your kiddos are too cute!

Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

Aimee said...

Looks like so much fun! Our little one is a bit sensitive too, but she is wanting us to take her to Disney on Ice this month. Hmmmmmm...Thanks for sharing the freebies!

Aimee
www.primarily-speaking.blogspot.com

Yvonne Kirby said...

Thank you for sharing about this information. That's nice and interesting, I like it
vacation rentals kissimmee

Yvonne Kirby said...

Thank you for sharing about this information. That's nice and interesting, I like it
vacation rentals kissimmee

Annie Moffatt said...

What GREAT pictures, Jodi! I am so glad you had a great vacation! Next time...let's all get together:)

Jenn Long said...

We just got home from Disney World yesterday! Love your pictures!
Glad you had a great trip!
Jenn
A Pirates Life for Us

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...