Sunday, April 8, 2012

Space Math and Literacy Stations

Happy Easter everyone!  We had such a great weekend celebrating Easter with the kids.  Busy, but fun!  Now we're gearing up to go back to school tomorrow :(  That first day back from a break is always hard...and L-O-N-G!  But, I cannot believe how fast the school year has gone and April and May will be over before I know it.
Towards the middle to end of April, I will be teaching about Space.  I decided to create my first Math & Literacy Centers Packet.

The packet includes 6 Math & 6 Literacy Centers.  Each center includes an introduction/instruction sheet, ready to laminate and cut centers, & a recording sheet to keep students accountable.
I am really excited to use this with my students.  I love when I can incorporate a "theme" into all areas of the curriculum.  It makes it so much more memorable for the students.  The centers meet many of the Common Core Standards (which 1st grade will be implementing next year.)
Academic skills included: Digraphs, Making Words, Synonyms, Sentences, Cause & Effect, Nouns, Verbs, & Adjectives, Addition/Subtraction, Equal Equations, Base 10 Blocks, Telling Time to the Hour and Half Hour, and Number Sequence
You can click below to check them out!


I will also be using many of the ideas included in my Space Packet that I posted last year on TpT and Teacher's Notebook.  It's one of my best sellers.
You can check out this unit below.



If you're heading back to school tomorrow after Spring Break, good luck! 
Here is something else that may make your day.  Scrappin Doodles is having a 35% off sale today and tomorrow.  Just click on the picture below to head on over.

9 comments:

Lori Rosenberg said...

I just pinned both space units. They look great. We do space at the beginning of the year, so these will really come in handy. Thanks for sharing. And, yes, I took advantage of the awesome ScrappinDoodles sale. I spent a small fortune today! And, since it's going on until tomorrow, I'm relatively certain I'll go back for more!

Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter

Miss DeCarbo said...

That looks great! :)

Second Grade Sugar and Spice

Courtney Bartlett said...

Very cute! I hope your first day back goes well!

Swimming into Second

Mrs. Cupcake said...

Looks great!! Have a great first day back!!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

The Teacher's Treasure Chest said...

Love it! I shared your FB Post on our FB Page :)

Heather Shelton said...

Your units look great. Too bad I already did Space this year, will look at it more fore next year.

I just tagged you. Come on over to my blog to find out more.

http://mrssheltonskinders.blogspot.com/2012/04/ive-been-tagged.html

Mary said...

We just came back from Disneyland, but we usually go to Disney World... you will LOVE the World!

Mary
Sharing Kindergarten

Once Upon 2 Teachers said...

Just put you on my favorites list on my blog! You have wonderful ideas!!

www.onceupon2teachers.blogspot.com

Michelle Tsivgadellis said...

So cute! I spotted some of my graphics in there & so...I PINNED you!! hehehe! Your creations are amazing & I get so excited when I see the graphics used (-;


Michelle
3amteacher@gmail.com
The 3AM Teacher
Visit The 3AM Teacher FB Page

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...