Sunday, May 27, 2012

Let's Write a Newspaper

It's the final countdown...{are you singing that song yet?}  We have 3 student days left!!  This four day weekend {not to mention the 100 degree weather} is definitely giving me a taste of summer vacation and I'm ready.  I love teaching, but I am excited to sleep in, watch the morning news while drinking my coffee and spend time with my daughters. 
I just wanted to share a writing project that we did about a month ago, but never got around to posting about it. 
Just click on the picture above to download the ENTIRE unit
 We explored newspapers first to see what types of things we would see.

Then we began making our own.  I created a variety of section headings.  We didn't use them all though.



If you click on the first picture on this post, you can download this unit for FREE!
I'll be back later this week {or next} to wrap up our school year.

8 comments:

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

This is awesome!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Miss Nelson said...

What a great little unit. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa R. said...

I love it!! This will be a fun activity for writing!!

Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

luckeyfrog said...

Thank you for sharing this!

Jenny
Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

Lisa at Stories From Second said...

What a great idea, thanks so much for the freebie!
Lisa
Stories From Second

The Teachers Backpack said...

Such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

Cara
The Teacher's Backpack

Michelle Tsivgadellis said...

Sooo cute!!! Thank you for using the frames!!!!


Michelle
3amteacher@gmail.com
The 3AM Teacher
Visit The 3AM Teacher FB Page

Jessica Stanford said...

This is amazing!!
PS I'm having a giveaway and would love to have you join!
Blessings,

Jessica Stanford
Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...