Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I Think I Have Some Motivation

Yesterday ,I posted that I just didn't have the motivation to get in my classroom and start organizing and decorating.  However, this is what showed up yesterday on my front porch.
The big box is my order from MPM School Supplies.  I received an email from MPM inviting me to check out their site.  It came at the PERFECT time because our local school supply store closed!  What!?!?!  What's a teacher to do...order online of course and that's what I was going to to anyways, so I was very excited to check out MPM.  Their site is great.  It's well organized with tons of great items!!  And...they're organized and fast.  Here's my awesome purchases to begin switching over to my Space theme.



If that's not motivation to begin decorating my room, I don't know what is!
Do you need some school supplies? {That's a silly question, of course you do.}  Click here to visit their site and get 15% off your purchase.

The small box is my annual Vistaprint order.  When I first ordered from Vistaprint 2 years ago, not many people had heard of the site, however they have blown up with advertising and now almost everyone has heard of it.  For that reason, the deals aren't nearly as good as they used to be :(  The brochures I order used to be free {you still paid for shipping and handling}, but now they are $20 for 25.  I did get the other things for free though.

These are the brochures that I LOVE and even though they aren't free anymore, I still think they're worth it.

These are small magnets that I send home for parent's to keep my contact information on their refrigerator.
Who doesn't love a cool pen?


 This is a stamp.

 These are the stickers that I give to students that end the day on blue or purple on the behavior chart.

On another note, I have had tons of requests to make a Common Core Assessment packet for 2nd grade after creating my 1st grade ones.  So, I caved and did it :)
I finished my Common Core Math Assessments for 2nd grade yesterday.

You can check it out by clicking below.


I plan on working on a 2nd grade Language Arts Assessments packet as well, but it will still be a couple days.



15 comments:

Mrs. Lundquist said...

I love your vista print stuff! Great ideas! :)

Stephanie said...

Fun -those packages would motivate me too! I broke my foot last week, which makes my usual teacher store hauls for theme decor difficult right about now. I am heading over to see what MPM has to offer. Thanks for the discount link!

❤ -Stephanie
Falling Into First

S. Simpson said...

I love, love, love your MPM items that you picked. I do a superstar theme in my class so many of those items will work for me too. Thanks for posting. I thought I was the only one who thought the deals on Vistaprint have changed over the years. They still make great stuff and I'm still obsessed with ordering from them but I do miss the old days.
✰ Stacy

Simpson Superstars

Rebecca said...

I LOVE the idea of personalizing stickers!! I can really see my kiddos getting super excited to have something like that. Great motivational tool! Thanks for sharing :)

Rebecca... off to Vistaprint

First Grade Fascination

Eileen Griffin said...

Wow! You have me motivated to get going and I don't start until August 30th. Yeah, I am excited now! I love your items from Vista print. I will definitely need to check them out. It's been a while. Thank you for the ideas! I am your newest follower!
Eileen
Second Grade Sunshine

Mrs. Hodson said...

I love your vista print goodies... I heading there now!

Melissa
todayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

Brandy said...

I've never used Vistaprint. Looks like I need to check them out!!

Kristin said...

Love your Vista Print stuff!!
I have to check out MPM now!!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Lisa R. said...

I definitely agree about Vistaprint. I was on there the other day & the things that I used to get for free aren't there anymore :(. I love your MPM order! I have a shipment getting ready to arrive! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Kshee23 said...

I have a quick question for you, Jodi...I noticed that you have the colorful squares rug that I was thinking about getting this year. I love it, but I'm a little worried about the squares being big enough for the kids to each sit in one. Have you had any issues with this? Thanks for your input! :)

tynetots said...

Jodi, I can't believe this. I just placed an order through MPM a day before I saw your blog. I just received my stuff and wondered if they would still grant the discount. I called and they did:) YIPPEEE! I ordered a new carpet for my kiddos, so it was a bigger discount. I was excited because the carpet was cheaper than anywhere else. It came in less than a week. Thanks so much.....love your blog too.

Miss Cosby said...

Ooh, I love the idea of having brochures printed...(insert my oooh and ahhhs)

I'm your newest official follower though I've had your blog bookmarked forever, haha.

Brenda
You Might Be a First Grader...

Jessica said...

Hey jodi, love those labels for behavior. Great idea. I'm having a give away, stop by: http://tales-of-a-first-grade-teacher.blogspot.com. I'm trying to get to 100 followers! Would you mind sharing my giveaway with your followers? Thanks, Jessica.

Ms. Schifano said...

I love the stickers that you give out for good behavior! I am doing something similar but giving each student a business card that gets hole punched each time they reach the top of the chart and after they get 10 punches they will get a prize.


starsinfirst.blogspot.com

bim said...

Hi

I read this post two times.

I like it so much, please try to keep posting.

Let me introduce other material that may be good for our community.

Source: Math teacher interview questions

Best regards
Henry

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...