Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tell Me More, Tell Me More!

I decided to link up with Step Into 2nd Grade with Mrs. Lemons for her Tell Me More Linky Party.
I always think it's fun to read about other bloggers, so here you go!
1.  I met my husband in college.  We were both college cheerleaders.  It was so much fun and we have tons of great memories!
2.  Speaking of my husband, let me tell you a short version of his proposal.  We started dating on Halloween 1999.  On Halloween 2002, he created this story about a friend moving out of town and that we were going to do something special for him.  Long story short, we pull up to 19 carved pumpkins spelling, "Jodi Will you marry me?" that he and some friends had carved. He had every detail planned out.  He had even timed how long the candles would stay lit so he could tell my brother when to start lighting them.  We even ended up on the cover of our local newspaper. 

3.  Now we've been married for 8 years and have 2 beautiful daughters.

4.  Anyone that knows me, knows that I am obsessed with Crossfit!  I have always been active and have always worked out, but last September, my husband and I started Crossfit and I fell in love with it.
These pictures are from a competition that I was in last weekend.

5.  I absolutely HATE snakes!!  I never really liked them, but when I was in 6th grade, I found a 6 foot black snake hibernating in my bedroom.  {We lived in the woods.}  I have had a phobia of snakes ever since then.  I don't even like to see pictures of snakes.

6.  My first job was as an Art teacher.  I had no idea what I was doing, but I made the most of it.  It was a job and it got my foot in the door. 

7.  I have been in love with Pinterest for awhile, but I recently got my husband addicted to it as well.  We are just beginning the process of getting ready to remodel our kitchen so he has been on there all the time pinning kitchen ideas.  {So, if you follow me on Pinterest and have noticed Kitchens coming up in odd places, like Back to School boards, that's my husband.  He hasn't quite figured it out yet. Lol!}

8.  My Silhouette Cameo arrived yesterday and I am so excited to start using it.  I made these today to hold pencils.  I would love to hear your ideas for using the Cameo in your classroom.  Please :)

Well, there you go.  Head on over to Mrs. Lemons blog and read about other bloggers.







18 comments:

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

LOVE that proposal! SO sweet!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Miss Trayers said...

Awww-that is definitely the first time I've ever heard of a jack-o'lantern proposal--too cute! :)

NotJustChild'sPlay

Jennifer K. said...

Aww that proposal was so thoughtful! What a neat story to tell your girls! Was it very hard to figure out the Cameo? I am hesitant to get a Cricut or Cameo because I am worried I won't be able to use them correctly lol!

Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

Laurie Hilton said...

I LOVE my Silhouette Cameo! Just recently I have been making car window decals. They are super fun and they show your school spirit! :)

✿Laurie
Morning Sun First Grade

Jen R. @ The Teachers' Cauldron said...

love the proposal!!
and I LOVE crossfit too!! right now I'm doing a boot camp in the mornings though - fits my schedule better - good luck with your competitions! :)

Mrs. Cupcake said...

I love your proposal story!!!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Courtney said...

Awww! That's such a sweet story. I just got a Cameo too and I've been playing with it. I can't wait to see what you make!

Swimming into Second

lvrana said...

very adorable proposal!! Like the cute buckets as well! ♥

http://thoughtsofateacher-lvrana.blogspot.com/

Miss Cosby said...

That is so awesome. I love reading all these Tell Me More, Tell Me More! entries. (Although the Grease song runs through my head EVERY TIME, haha)
Thanks for sharing.

Brenda
You Might Be a First Grader...

Jessica said...

Your hubby is super creative--I am not familiar with a cameo-so, sorry, but you rock on crossfit. a friend of mine and her husband do documentaries, and just went to LA for some film festival because they made a documentary on cross fit athletes. stop by my blog when you get a chance, I'm having a give away.
Jessica
http://tales-of-a-first-grade-teacher.blogspot.com

Lisa Marie Smith said...

Hi Jodi!

I found your blog on Step into Second Grade! I'm your newest follower!

Your husband's proposal was so original and unique!

I'd love it if you stopped by my blog!

~Lisa @ Tales of an Education Major

Karen said...

I absolutely hate snakes as well! I won't look at pictures of them either (which makes it difficult at school when the boys find out just how much I am terrified of them!).

Stop by and visit me at my new blog: anappleadayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com.

Karen

Bologna744 said...

Hi

Tks very much for post:

I like it and hope that you continue posting.

Let me show other source that may be good for community.

Source: First grade teacher interview questions

Best rgs
David

Traci said...

LOVE your proposal and your daughters are so adorable.
❤Dragonflies in First ❤

amy.lemons said...

What an awesome proposal! I love it!!!

Annie Moffatt said...

Everything about this post is so GREAT Jodi! I love the proposal story, the precious pictures of beautiful girls...and OH MY GOSH...you are so fit! Look at you lift that HUGE weight!! Call me impressed!!

Simone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Simone said...

Your proposal story is too cute! And I too HATE snakes! They give me huge anxiety to even see on tv! Your daughters are adorable!

Found you through the link up!
-Simone
busyasahoneybee.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...