Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What's Your Favorite Back to School Activity?

Tomorrow is officially August.  It's definitely the month of gearing back up for the new school year.  Last year, I had a linky party where other bloggers could share their favorite back to school activity.  You can click HERE to check it out.
I decided to do it again this year.
Last year, I shared a Gingerbread Man Hunt activity.  This year I came up with another idea for the first day of school.  It's called Alphabet Interview.
 This is what you'll do.  Cut apart the papers provided.
Give each student a half sheet.  {You obviously won't use all of the letters, unless you have 52 students.}  Make sure you are passing out the letters so each person has a match.  After passing out the papers, have students find the person that has the uppercase or lowercase match to their letter.  When all students have found their match, they will interview each other using the questions provided.  After the class finishes, you can call on partnerships to introduce their new friend to the class.  This is a great way to get students comfortable with each other and to get to know each other.  Just click on the picture above to download for free.
Now it's your turn.  Blog about your favorite back to school activity then come back here and link up below.  You can use this picture to post on your blog so you can lead others to all of the great links.
Don't forget to link the picture above back to this post.

Link up below.




15 comments:

Barbara said...

YaY - I just linked up your page from last year onto a post yesterday at the Corner; I can't WAIT for this page to fill up! Thanks!!

Barbara
The Corner On Character

Corinna said...

Love the Alphabet Interview! A fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing.

Lori Rosenberg said...

I love the idea of a back to school alphabet interview! Thanks, Jodi! I linked up! Can't wait to read all about everyone's favorite activities.

ΡΌ Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter
luvyorkies@gmail.com

Miss. G said...

I love this! I am accepting all ideas! Thank you

Michelle Hudgeons said...

I love your alphabet activity! Can't wait to use!
Michelle @ Smitten With First

Layla Wiedrick Henry said...

I a your newest follower! I found you on Pinterest and love your ideas!
Come check out my blog!
Fancy Free in Fourth

Jill said...

This is a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing the freebie. :)

Marvelous Multiagers!

Jessica said...

I just linked up Jodi. I already posted my "Find a friend who" game. I am starting a Linky Party up tomorrow. I am calling it "Classroom Design and Bulletin Board ideas" LInky Party.
Basically we all are going to post our pictures of our classroom and bulletin boards for the beginning of the year. I thought this would be a great way to centralize it. That way if someone is hunting, they can find what they need all at one Link. Hope you link up with me. Thanks, Jessica--http://tales-of-a-first-grade-teacher.blogspot.com

Miss Cosby said...

I'm excited to do this linky. I had something that I pinned months ago and was saving for the beginning of the year. Crazy part...it was your Magic Playdoh!!! I'll post later in the week but thought it was crazy I had that pinned and saved before I even blog stalked and now you're hosting the linky where I get to share it. :)

Brenda
You Might Be a First Grader...

Mrs. Goodwin said...

I love get to know you games on the first days of school. What a great way to review the alphabet. Found your blog through your linky party. I am a new follower.

ilive2learnilove2grow 

Fun Games 4 Learning said...

Thanks Jodi! I have just signed up and am looking forward to finding lots of new ideas. I love the alphabet interview idea!

Miss Cosby said...

Just linked up! I thin you'll love my post, haha.

Brenda
You Might Be a First Grader...

Margaret said...

What a great linky party! I'm always looking for great back to school activities!

I've just posted a blog hop, come and check it out!

Margaret
Kinder Journey

Heather's Heart said...

This is great. I am going to link up some activities and some back to school *freebies*. I hope that is okay. =)

I love your activity. That is a great way for our ELL kiddos to develop and practice language too. =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

Pamela Rountree said...

I just linked up! I've already found some great resources. :) Thanks.

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...