Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lesson Plans

I have loved checking out other's lesson plans lately and thought I'd share mine as well.  Here is a picture of what my plans look like for this week.

My favorite thing about checking out other's plans is seeing what units they are using in their classrooms and checking out what I may have missed.  For this reason, I came up with this:

The pictures above show some of the units that I am using throughout the day right now in addition to our reading series and Everyday Math.  You can check out these units below.
I use Cara's Calendar Companion everyday and I love it!
 
I use Anna's Math Journal prompts along with the Calendar Companion.

 
We are learning about our Five Senses.
 
 
This is a great way to review beginning letter sounds, working on fluency, and our handwriting.
 
The Change-a-Word Circles are great time fillers when you just have a couple extra minutes to fill before lunch.




We have been playing some of these together and the students will start seeing them in stations during small group time later on next week.
 
I use these everyday after lunch to get the students focused back on our learning.  They are great for fluency, comprehension, and vocabulary practice.
 
I am very excited to start using Anna's Narrative Unit this week.

 
These are the stations that my students are working on while I pull students back to do our beginning of the year assessments.
 
These poems are also part of our work stations.
 
 
You can click on any of the pictures above to check out these units. 
 
 
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

Shanyn said...

I love seeing what other people use! It gives me great ideas!

Shanyn
Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists
Check out my giveaway!

Mrs. Wathen said...

Thanks for sharing! I like to see how others organize their day. I bought your fall fluency pack and love it. Does the September songs and poems pack include different items?

Thanks!
Tammy
The Resourceful Apple

Tales of a First Grade Teacher said...

wow, you have been busy. I love the owl graphic on your school is cool item. so adorable. Your lesson plans are pretty awesome, I wish we were allowed to do them in the block format. We have a school provided template (still trying to get used to it) Have a great year.
p.s. I'm having a giveaway for a Modular Pocket Chart from Really Good Stuff.
Stop by and check it out.
Jessica

Erin M. Turner said...

Jodi, Your lesson plan template is WONDERFUL! Do you use Word? Any way you can share this so we can modify? I would love to try this. Mine is similar but no where as pretty! Thank you!

Mrs. Oczki said...

I LoVE your lesson plan template. Is there any way you would share with me? I would greatly appreciate it!

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...