Thursday, October 18, 2012

Morning Work

I have been bored with my morning work for awhile and have wanted to create something new.  I finally got around to it and I couldn't be happier with the results. 
The first page above is the front and the second page is the back, so my morning work is double sided.  The front has a variety of language and math skills that are aligned to the Common Core {Common Core Standards are included on every page for easy lesson planning} and the back includes sight word practice.  Students use the sight word to practice sight word fluency and reading fluency.

 
One of the best things about this morning work is the fact that it's differentiated for my diverse learners.  Each morning work has two different options.  The first one, labeled "A," is for below grade level learners or students that just need a little extra help.  Option "B" is for on or above grade level learners.  The two options are extremely similar, so much so, that most students will never notice that the morning works are different.
You can download a free sample of the morning work by clicking HERE. 
The samples are two that will be included in my October packet that I'll finish eventually, but I wanted to go ahead and completely finish my November packet so it's ready for me.
 
You can check it out by clicking below.

 
 
 
 


14 comments:

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

Looks great and I love your new blog look!!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Mrs. Wheeler said...

Great! I like that it's a mixture of LA and Math!

Megan
Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
Mrs. Wheeler TpT

Miss DeCarbo said...

Looks great! I love your new button. :) It's so cute!

Sugar and Spice

Brenda said...

Jodi! This in FANTASTIC! I absolutely love it!

Brenda
Primary Inspired

Jennifer said...

Your morning work looks great! i added it to my wishlist until payday!
Rowdy in First Grade

Sheryl said...

I totally looove these! Thanks for sharing. Hope to buy some someday soon!

Madamsara said...

This is a great idea! Are you planning on making these for every month? Let me know.
Thanks!
-Sara

Jodi said...

Yes :) I will be working on them for each month as we go through the year.
Jodi

Tina Longo said...

Any chance your going to do a give away for Novemeber's morning work? Would Love to snag it! I really am trying to conserve money but we definitley want to get the common core assessments! ABSOLUTELY love them. I wish I knew when you gave them away! Your work is Great! Thanks for always sharing!
Tina

Tales of a First Grade Teacher said...

Your common core stuff is great! It is exhausting trying to realign everything. Also just wanted to give you a big "cyber-hug" You put my little blog on your blog roll and so much of my traffic comes from you. Thanks so much,
Jessica
http://tales-of-a-first-grade-teacher.blogspot.com

Sandybeaches said...

Your morning work is AMAZING! Do your first graders complete this independently or is it done together as a class? Thank you so much for all the inspiration!

Sandy

robyn ross said...

Jodi, are you planning on posting morning work for September and October? I am purchasing the rest of the set to use for the 2013/2014 school year and would love to stay consistent all year rather than starting with a different type of morning work and switching to yours in November. If you are, YAY! If not, I will start looking for something that is compatible.
Thanks,
Robyn

Jodi said...

I will be making morning work for August, September, and October. I am starting August today and hope to have all of the months finished in the next couple of weeks :)

robyn ross said...

Excellent! I will be watching for it. :)

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...