Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Retelling Chart and New Stores

Today was our first day back from a four day weekend.  I love Fall Break!!  It was so hard to get up this morning. 
Last week, we began working on retelling and summarizing.  My firsties always have a really difficult time with this.  They either want to reread the entire story to you or they give you just a few details.  I made this retelling chart to hang from our ceiling.

This idea was inspired by Cara from The First Grade Parade.
It has really been useful for giving the students a visual to use when retelling stories.  You can download the chart by clicking HERE.
You can also use this sheet for your student's to fill out.
Just click on the picture above to download.
 
On another note, I want to introduce you to two new Teachers Pay Teachers Store. 
The first one is Rebecca Boehler's store. She is a 2nd grade teacher that works in the same school corporation as I do.  I cannot even put into words how AMAZING she is!!!!  I did my student teaching at the school that she teaches in and I knew right away how wonderful she is.  She has THE BEST ideas and is such a hard worker.  She has won a Golden Apple and she has been our school corporation's Teacher of the Year.  If you teach 2nd grade, you will definitely want to check her out.  She has some great morning work if you use Treasures reading series and she has some wonderful Language Arts Questions. You will want to follow her because I can only imagine the products that she will come up with.
 
The next store is another teacher that works in my school corporation.  He used to be a 5th grade teacher at my school, but moved to teach middle school science.  Jeremy Johnson is an extremely talented teacher that always thinks outside the box and tries to come up with unique ways to reach all of his students. I know I probably don't have a huge middle school audience, but if you know of someone, send them to Jeremy's store.  He is in the process of working on some really cool lessons.
 
If you are interested in starting your own TpT store, click HERE!
 
Now, onto the winners of my Common Core Math and Language Assessments.
Congratulations:
Mrs. Frye
Mrs. Asher
&
Karyn
*I will be sending you an email.
 
 


6 comments:

Karyn said...

Your retelling chart is awesome! Thanks for sharing! I am PSYCHED to have your assessments! Thank you so, so much! They are going to help me so much!!!!! :o)

œKaryn
A is for Apple B is for Blog
Kideducator@comcast.net

Sarah Paul said...

Thank you Jodi! This is just what I need this week. I love everything you make!
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

Cynthia said...

I am LOVING all of the posters you have done. These are great! Thank you so much!

Jan said...

Thanks for sharing these great retelling freebies- just what we need next week!

David bone said...

I hope you have a nice day! Very good article, well written and very thought out. I am looking forward to reading more of your posts in the future.teddy bears

absees123s said...

Thank you so much for sharing these! Can't wait to use them in my classroom!

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...