Monday, November 12, 2012

Addition Fact Strategies

I am loving today!!  We have the day off to celebrate Veterans Day.  So, first off I have to say, THANK YOU VETERANS!!  Not for the day off, but for all of the sacrifices you make for our freedom.  My brother is in the Air Force and is currently serving our country overseas.  I could not be more proud of him!
This weekend, I have been working hard to complete this packet and I am really excited that I finally finished it.
We use Everyday Math at our school and while I love parts of it, I feel like it's really lacking in addition fact practice.  We have to supplement every year with other things.  I have been wanting to make this packet for awhile and I'm so glad it's finally done and ready for me to get started right away!
The packet includes 8 addition strategies that you can introduce.  I will be introducing one a week.  Each strategy includes a poster, a song to help your students learn the strategy, a parent letter, and practice pages. 
You can check it out by clicking below.

 
 
 


8 comments:

varpainjaloin said...

This seems interesting! Which strategies you have included in this?

Fluttering Through First Grade said...

Jodi this packet is awesome! We could not agree more about EDM and the need to supplement in the department of addition. Love, love how fun and engaging this looks. Thank you!!

Christy & Tammy
Fluttering Through First Grade

Jenn Bates said...

Your addition pack look great, Jodi! I always need to supplement our program as well.
Jenn
Finally in First

Sarah Paul said...

I've been waiting for something like this! I love everything you make, so I know this will be fantastic too! Thanks:)
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

Mrs. Wheeler said...

This looks great! It's on my wishlist for Cyber Monday!

Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
Mrs. Wheeler TpT

Lisa Mattes said...

I agree that EM leaves out Fact Practice, Jodi!! Thanks so much for making this!! Hoping you know I'm a HUGE fan of yours, girl!
"http://growingfirsties.blogspot.com">Growing Firsties is having a Pete the Cat Giveaway that benefits Hurricane Sandy Relief!

assignments web said...

This blog is really informative for students who learn online. Thanks for sharing information with us regarding Assignment Online keep continue.

Rachelle said...

Um.... these are FABULOUS!!!!! LOVE!!!!

-Rachelle
What The Teacher Wants

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...