Sunday, November 4, 2012

November Writing Prompts and Demolition

What a weekend!!  After an extremely busy week, we have had a whirlwind of a weekend.  I finished up this writing unit and posted it on TpT on Friday night, but am just now getting around to blogging about it.
It includes 11 different writing prompts to get you through the month of November.  Your students will be using a variety of writing genres including Persuasive, Informative, Narrative, Letter Writing, and Making Lists. 
You can find it by clicking below.  Click on the download preview button to download a free sample of the unit.

 
 Here is what our weekend has consisted of....kitchen demolition!!!!
We bought our fixer upper house about 8 1/2 years ago and the first thing we wanted to do was remodel our kitchen.  It was tiny and really outdated.  However, we started remodeling other rooms and never got around to the kitchen.  Plus, kitchen remodels are expensive and we had to save that long to do it.  Well, the time has finally arrived and the contractors start on Monday :)
Here is our old kitchen:
Not horrible, but really small and the cabinets were tiny.  We couldn't even fit a full sized dinner plate in them.
Now, our house was built in 1890, so we have found some pretty interesting things while remodeling, but this one is the icing on the cake.  My husband knocked out one of the shelves in our cabinets and found out it was actually a Ouija Board that was painted white on the bottom.
And...when did we find this? Halloween!!!  Talk about creepy.
This is a picture of the lovely wallpaper that was behind our cabinets.
That is one of about 6 different types of wallpaper that we found in our kitchen.
Anyways, here are some pictures of what I am living in now and will be for the next 2 months.
This is my current kitchen.  The wall between our kitchen and dining room was removed.
What is that sitting in plastic in the middle of the room?  Oh, that would be my washer and dryer!
 
Because our laundry room is part of the remodel.  This is what that looks like now.
 
So we will have dirty dishes and dirty clothes for awhile ;)
This is our temporary kitchen that we set up in our foyer.  We will make it work, even though it's driving me c-r-a-z-y!
 
The worst part though is definitely the dust!  My husband taped everything off with plastic and sealed it with duct tape, but it is seeping through the walls and under the baseboards.
This is not the kitchen below...this is in the living room!
 
  There is a layer of dust EVERYWHERE!
 
But, it will all be worth it in the end!  That is what I keep telling myself :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


6 comments:

Lisa Mattes said...

No pain, no gain, eh? Ugg, but how exciting, too! Best wishes on this crazy adventure!

Kristin said...

Your new pack looks great!
We did a remodel on our kitchen and I still have PTSD from all the dust. I get it.
But it's totally worth it!!!!!!

Colleen said...

WOW!!! That was an intense demo. I can't wait to see the after pics!
Colleen :-)
Fun and Fearless in First

Karyn said...

I can't wait to see how you redo turns out! The dust would drive me crazy too...but it will be worth it! The Ouija board is soooo creepy!

œKaryn
A is for Apple B is for Blog
Kideducator@comcast.net

Jill Cruz said...

Wow, that is quite a weekend! I am so excited to go and grab your writing unit. You do amazing work and I have been following you unofficially for a long time. Now I am joining the world of bloggers and I love learning from you. I grabbed your button and I'm OFFICIALLY following you now. :) Thank you for putting out such quality work. You are an inspiration for this newbie!
Cruz'n in First

Kelly said...

I can't wait to see how it all turns out - I'm sure it will be beautiful !! The Ouija Board would have freaked me out big time..and on Halloween> Wow! I just love your blog & am your newest follower :)

Kelly
First Grade Fairytales

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...