Thursday, December 13, 2012

12 in 12 Linky Party

This is such a fun Linky Party from two of my favorite blogging friends Kristin and Hadar
 
12 favorite things!
12. Favorite movie you watched:
I am really not a movie person, but my 5 year old has insisted that every Friday night is movie night in our house.  I LOVE it.  We eat popcorn, paint our fingernails and toenails, and snuggle on the couch.  So, we have watched plenty of kids movies.  My favorite being The Lorax.
 
11. Favorite TV series:
Even though I'm not a movie person, I AM a tv person and I am in love with my DVR.  My DVR is always set for How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls, Big Bang, Parenthood, Grey's Anatomy, Person of Interest, almost any of the Real Housewives, and my favorite, Scandal.  Have you seen this show?  LOVE IT!
 
10. Favorite restaurant:
Normally, I could list quite a few, but right now, all I want is a home cooked meal.  We are about a month and a half into a complete kitchen remodel, which includes our dining room and laundry room as well.  OMG!  It is such a mess!  Our house is about 120 years old, so nothing is an "easy" remodel.  We had to take everything down to the studs and then the contractor has been working on new electrical, new plumbing, and jacking up our basement for about a month.  They are finishing the drywall this week and flooring will hopefully go down next week.  *Fingers crossed.*
 This is what our kitchen looks like right now.
This will be our mudroom and laundry room.  Let me tell you, as much as the "no kitchen" thing has been an inconvenience, I really think the "no laundry" thing has been worse!
 
 
9. Favorite new thing you tried:
This may sound really strange, but I will have to say my Nook.  I was anti e-readers.  I love to read, but liked to have an actual book in my hand.  I just would not give in, even though my mom had one and always told me how much she loved hers.  I finally borrowed hers and was hooked. 
 
8. Favorite gift you got:
Did you see number 10?  A kitchen will be our gifts to each other this year!
 
7. Favorite thing you pinned:
I love Pinterest!  I thought, how in the world would I ever decide, but as soon as I looked through my pins, I remembered pinning this:
This became one of my favorite sayings as soon as I saw it.  I found this quote at the perfect time of my life.  My husband had a little bit of a medical scare this summer and this quote kept us sane. {Everything turned out perfectly fine. PTL!}
You can follow me on Pinterest by clicking HERE.
 
6. Favorite blog post:
I guess we will go with my back to school pictures post.  I love seeing other classrooms and a new school year is always exciting.
5. Best accomplishment:
I would have to say TpT.  I know I have been selling for almost 2 years now, but I feel like this year, I really started to get comfortable with it.  Blogging and creating products for Teachers Pay Teachers is very time consuming, but I love it.  It allows me to be creative and I enjoy it.  That is the number 1 reason why I keep doing it :)
4. Favorite picture:
I had to pick two.  My sweet girls!

 
3. Favorite memory:
Hands down...our trip to DisneyLand!!  Our oldest was 4 at the time and she was in heaven.
I think this picture sums it up :)
 
2. Goal for 2013:
To get my house completely organized!! 
1. One Little Word:
Enjoy
 


10 comments:

Lisa Mattes said...

Awww - what a wonderful post, Jodi!!! Loved seeing this stuff about you! And, your girls?!! Beyond precious!!! I am not so interested in a Nook, but your post has me rethinking it! And, great quote about worrying...I need to remember that!
Growing Firsties is having a giveaway!

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney said...

I love Scandal! It's the best. Your girls are too cute!

Swimming into Second

Michelle said...

My kiddos love the Lorax too. Loved reading this.

Mrs Cupcake said...

I LOVE that quote! Something I need to remember :) Congrats on your soon-to-be new kitchen! I can't wait to be able to re-do mine!!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Colleen said...

Love, love, love Scandal!! That show is chocked full of goodness. I am bumming that tonight is the winter finale :-(
Colleen
Fun and Fearless in First

Mrs. Wathen said...

I just got myself a Nook for Christmas on a Block Friday Super Sale. Not sure about it, fingers crossed!!

Tammy
The Resourceful Apple

Katie Knight said...

The pictures of your girls were to die for!!!! So cute!!!

Katie Knight said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Realistic Teacher said...

I love that quote too! Your daughter is so precious!

Realisitc
http://realistic-teacher.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...