Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day 2 of Christmas Freebies

The weather here was perfect this weekend!  It was over 60 degrees here yesterday {which is not normal for December in Indiana.}  It makes it very hard to believe that it's actually December.  This weather can feel free to stick around until December 24th.  That's when I'll be ready for snow, so we can have a white Christmas. 

When we go back to school on Monday, students will be in full Christmas chaos spirit.  The December calendar will be up.  And, as teachers and parents know, this will mean that "Christmas" will be written or posted on the calendar.  When kids can actually see the holiday, the countdown begins and the excitement grows each day.  It's fun, but exhausting!

We started doing some of our Christmas writing last week and will continue in the next couple of weeks.  I constantly feel like I'm writing and spelling the same words for my students.  I made these word cards to post in a pocket chart for my students.  I will keep these displayed in my classroom so students have a quick reference.

Just click on the picture below to download the freebie.
 
Are you ready for the Christmas chaos in your classroom?
 

10 comments:

Mrs. Wathen said...

Perfect for this time of year:) Thanks for sharing and i love the graphics you chose!

Jennifer said...

I'm so excited for Christmas. It's going to be in the 80's tomorrow again. I hate that. It should be cold and I should be wearing my scarves and boots. I keep thinking maybe if I am REALLY into Christmas that it will change the weather!
Rowdy in First Grade

Lori said...

Thank you! This will certainly help during writing time.

Lori
Lvanhove@comcast.net

Cynthia said...

Perfect! Thank you! I'll be printing this out today!

Karen said...

Thanks for the great freebie! Can't wait to use it!

Karen
An Apple a Day in First Grade

Deanna said...

Just realized you are from TH- I'm an el. ed student @ IWU! So close!

Shelly Sitz said...

These are a great writing tool. Thanks for sharing.

Shelly
Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

Bren P. said...

Thanks for the freebie, Jodi! :)

Bren P.
The Teacher Diaries

Jan said...

Ready for the Christmas chaos? Will it be any different than our regular chaos? I'm almost ready- I went in today and put up mu tree, wrapped the elf and hid her in the freezer, put up my Santa's hat poclet chart. But, I couldn't find the word cards- now I have some! Thans for sharing this cute freebie:-)

Kristin said...

No, I'm not ready for the chaos, but the kids sure get me in the spirit!! :)
Love the helpers - thank you!!

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...