Friday, December 21, 2012

January Morning Work and Poems and Songs

I sure have enjoyed Christmas vacation so far.  You just can't beat sleeping in and not having to rush around like crazy.  I have been trying to get my last minute Christmas shopping finished, which is not the easiest task with two little ones in tow.
This morning I was able to finish up my Common Core Differentiated Morning Work for January.  I really hoped to have it finished earlier, but it just did not happen {obviously.}
You can read more about these packets by clicking here.  Basically, there are 20 days worth of work.  There are 2 different versions of the main morning work page (one for below level learners and one for at or above level.)  Then, there is a sight word page for each day.  I copy these onto the back of the morning work page and my students do both parts.
You can find them by clicking below.

 
 
I also had a chance to sit down and update my January Poems and Songs.  When I completed these last year, I didn't have the fluency strips included.  If you already own the January Poems and Songs packet, go back and redownload it to get the fluency strips.
You can find the January Poems and Songs below.

 
These are the same poems and songs you will find in my January Fluency packet, but in a different format.  They are great for centers or poem of the week folders, where the fluency passages are meant to be used daily and work with fluency, comprehension and vocabulary.  {Remember that my January Fluency passages have been updated to include the Common Core Standards so if you purchased them last year, you may want to redownload them.} 

 Now I'm off to wrap some Christmas presents.  Are you finished with your Christmas shopping?

 
 
 
 


3 comments:

Heather Byers said...

I'm finishing my Christmas shopping this weekend. I love your Jan songs and poems pack. It looks amazing!

Heather
I’m having a giveaway! I’d love for you to buzz by and enter :)
The Busy Busy Hive

Lisa Mattes said...

Done? Ha. Reaching desperation stage. :)
Growing Firsties

Ms. Milewski said...

I love how you connected the songs and poems to sight words and other parts of the curriculum. Sometimes that is the most challenging thing to accomplish when wanting to do an activity. I will be using this is the New Year. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...