Monday, December 17, 2012

Reassuring Children

I have not been able to tear my eyes away from the news this weekend.  It still just breaks my heart into pieces.  I have, however, loved reading about the many children that were saved because of the numerous heroes. 
I have definitely hugged and loved on my own children tighter this weekend and I know that I will be hugging each and every one of my students today as well.
I created this booklet to have on hand just in case the topic comes up.  {If it does not, I may not do this activity.}
 
 You can download this booklet for free at my TpT store.


9 comments:

Rachel Seymour said...

Thanks for sharing this! I have it in my lesson plans to be used during our class meeting today. If the CT events don't come up, then I will keep it very general.

Rachel
A-B-Seymour

Lovely Nina said...

Thanks for sharing this activity. I also will use this if the topic comes up.

4321Teach said...

What a great idea! I also posted about my plans to talk with my 5th graders. I know the older kids will have a certain amount info. Such a tough topic to prepare for.

EmilyK

Brook Holden said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! It will be used!!!

Becky said...

Thanks for creating this. None of my students brought anything up today, but I am glad to have this resource in case they do.

Rachel Osborn said...

I used this today! Thank you for creating such a great product! Check out the pictures of my students using it queenspeech.blogspot.com

Kim @ The Educators Spin On It said...

Thank you so much for creating this packet for children. It has a univeral message that all teachers share. I included your link in our post about Helping Children Cope with Tradegy. I also pinned it onto our Pinterest Board. Thanks for all your hard work! Here's the link http://theeducatorsspinonit.blogspot.com/2012/12/resources-for-how-to-help-children-cope.html

Sarah Paul said...

You are amazing! Thanks for this. :)
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

vicky1970 said...

Hi Jodi - That was so sweet of you to create this for other teachers. I haven't been able to get it off my mind. Today our school had a lock down drill - our first one. So sad these are necessary.
Vicky
Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...