Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Blog Post...Finally!

I know I haven't been around much lately.  I have sat down to do a million different posts, but never finished them because I was distracted or too busy with something else to finish.
First off, this little cutie turned 3 this weekend.
She LOVES Tinkerbell and wanted a Tinkerbell party :)
Here are some fun things I made with my Silhouette Cameo for her party.


 
It has been HECTIC around this household.  We started a total kitchen remodel the week of Halloween.  We completely gutted our kitchen.  You may have remembered the pictures of all the dust!  Well, after a little over 3 months....IT'S DONE!!!!
The next couple of pictures are kitchen pictures, so I apologize.  I'm just so excited!!  {I promise there is something teacher related at the end of this post.}




We also remodeled our laundry room and backdoor area.  So, not only did we not have a kitchen for 3 months, we also did not have a laundry room.  I wish I had a before picture of this area.  It was awful.  Now we have a mudroom area for our backdoor entryway and a cute little laundry room. 


Now onto the "teacher" stuff.  We have been working on fact families in our classroom.  Most of my students found this skill to be pretty simple, but some still have a hard time remembering to only use the 3 numbers that are given and don't put any other numbers in the problems.  To help with this, I gave students the parts of a fact family and we acted it all out.



As we practiced, I reminded them that no new numbers joined them and no numbers sat down.  This hands on demonstration really helped them to grasp the concept. 
We also completed this activity.
 
We have also been working hard to earn a "Snowman" party.  Everytime the class is working hard, they earn a part of the snowman.
I found these super cute ideas on Pinterest for when we earn our party.
Click on the picture to go to the source.
Click on the picture to go to the source.
 
 
Now that things have settled down a bit around here, I hope to be back MUCH more often!
 
 
 


 


14 comments:

The Polished Teacher said...

Oh my goodness your daughter's Tinkerbell cake is so cute! She is adorable too! I just love the pixy stuff you did too!

Your house looks fantastic! Kitchen remodels are so much work but the results are fantastic!

I love the snowman donuts! I need to make them!

ThePolishedTeacher

Karyn said...

Glad to see you're back Jodi! I missed you! You little one is soooo adorable! Your kitchen redo looks amazing! You must be SO happy to have that finished. I'm so jealous of your mudroom/entry...I need to do something with my entry I just can't figure out what to do! :o)

œKaryn
A is for Apple B is for Blog
Kideducator@comcast.net

irishprincess37 said...

Thank you for the fact family freebie! It is great!

Your kitchen looks amazing! My parents remodeled/expanded their kitchen about 20 years ago and it was the best decision that they ever made for the house.

Sarah said...

Your daughter is adorable! I love the way she is showing 3! Your kitchen looks gorgeous...I can't wait to own a home soon hopefully lol

Sarah
Teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

Your kitchen looks amazing!! We have been working on bathrooms (almost done with the master..woo hoo!) and the kitchen is on the To-Do list...maybe this summer?! Happy Bday to your sweet girl :)

Kelly
First Grade Fairytales

Mrs. Harris said...

LOVE the new kitchen. Very jealous!!

Ciera - adventuresofroom129.blogspot.com

Lisa Mattes said...

Awwww - so many comments to make!! Your daughter is precious - love those little fingers making the three! Your kitchen/laundry room/mud room are gorgeous! Now that you have them "back" bet you can't believe you survived so long without!!! The freebie??!!! LOVE! And, that you had them act it out - very cool!
Smiles - Lisa
Growing Firsties is co-hosting a Shout Out Linky!

Mrs Cupcake said...

Your new kitchen is fabulous!! I'm jealous!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

JennyDeeDee said...

very sweet party... you have a lucky daughter and an amazing kitchen- CONGRATS :)

Ashley said...

Your kitchen looks fantastic!!!! Wow!!!

Melissa said...

Your daughter is so cute & her party looks awesome! I must say I adore your kitchen! You must just want to spend all your time in there, I know that is what I would want to do!

mohammad ahad said...

Thanks What a great info you have given us by your blog. I like it and will share it to my friends. visit to this site east windsor famaliy dentist http://www.windsorsignaturesmiles.com/

Teach Junkie said...

Very clever way to work on building recognition of families. Was just talking about this with another teacher over lunch who works with gifted and talented students and they fall apart on this concept when applied to bigger numbers. Think I'll share this! Thanks!

-Leslie
KindergartenWorks.com

TeachJunkie.com

Avira Gp said...

Great Content.I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable information with your post.......
Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful information......again, beautiful :) I love reading your posts. They make me happy .

superman pyjamas

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...