Friday, April 12, 2013

Five for Friday

I'm linking up for Five for Friday again.
1.  My first one is really exciting {at least for me.}  On Monday, I was awarded Vigo County School Corporation Teacher of the Year!  We were at our faculty meeting after school when all of the sudden, the superintendent, deputy superintendent, director of elementary education and the director of secondary education came in the door.  I still don't think it has really sunk in, but it is a huge honor and I am unbelieveably grateful that I work with such amazing people.
 Our Superintendent
 


My Principal
 

 
2. More great news!  My husband had his mastoidectomy on Tuesday and it went really well.  Hopefully, this will be the final chapter of his ordeal. 
 
3. We went to Vegas last week and had a great time.  We were able to spend time with my brother and his wife.  My brother is in the Air Force and we don't get to see them very often. 
 
4. Speaking of Vegas...we went to Cirque Du Soleil Mystere.  AMAZING!!!!!
I have always wanted to go to a Cirque Du Soleil show.  It is even better than I imagined!  In the words of my 5 year old, "It was so good that I didn't even want to blink."
 
5.  Be on the lookout {hopefully tomorrow} for a fun new series of Linky Parties I will be hosting.
 
Haven't you always wanted to be a fly on the wall in classrooms that you see online?  Now is your chance.  I'm inviting you to be a "fly on my wall."  Then, other bloggers will have a chance to link up giving you the opportunity to be a "fly on the wall" of numerous classrooms.  I hope you're excited to check it out.


45 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! That is such an honor, and amazing news! :) Go you!

Kelly
First Grade Fairytales

Natalie said...

Mystere was the first show we saw when the hubs and I were honeymooning in Vegas...such a great show!

Congrats on Teacher of the Year!

Natalie
Teachery Tidbits

Ashley Reed said...

Completely well deserved...they picked the right lady! Congrats!!

TheElementary MathManiac said...

Hi Jodi,
Congratulations on the award! Can't wait to see what you come up with for linky parties!

Tara
The Math Maniac

Ramon Abajo said...

That is one big cake. Thanks for the info. about the linky party.
Web Design and Online Marketing 4 Teachers

Fluttering Through First Grade said...

Congratulations Jodi! You should be extremely proud and so well deserved!

~Christy & Tammy
Fluttering Through First Grade

Liz said...

Congrats! That is amazing news!

Sue Cahalane said...

We were in Vegas too & we saw Circque du Soleil's Beatles LOVE- what an amazing show!! Congratulations on a wonderful award!!

✿Sue✿
Science for Kids Blog

Dana said...

Wow congratulations! What a huge honor! I'm new to blogging and I am looking forward to your new linky! Come by and check me out!

Polka Dots, Checks and Stripes

Live, Laugh, I LOVE Kindergarten said...

Wow congrats on Teacher of the Year!! That is such a great accomplishment!

Kimberly Ann
Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

Laura said...

What a great week! Congrats on Teacher of the Year! I know you must be thrilled - with that honor AND Hubby's news! So happy for you!
Laura
Peace, Love, and First Grade

Brittany Hutchinson said...

Woooo! Congratulations Jodi! How exciting. And what a fun way to find out too-- pop in surprise!! That's super fun!

Happy Weekend :)
Brittany
Closing the Gap... in a Cute Outfit!

Mona said...

Congratulations! I bet it feels good to be recognized in such a big way.

Mona
First Grade Schoolhouse

Miss Cosby said...

Congratulations!!!

Brenda
You Might Be a First Grader….

Deirdre said...

Congratulations!! Way to go!! Looking forward to checking out your linky party. Who doesn't love a party?
Deirdre
A Burst of First

Doodle Bugs said...

Congrats! What a great honor :o) And great to hear your husband is doing well!! Looking forward to reading more about your linky party!

Molly said...

Congrats on such an amazing award! I was just in Vegas a few weeks ago. Such a fun place!

Molly
Lucky to Be in First

vicky1970 said...

Jodi - So well deserved...congrats! While I was at common core meetings for my district over the last few months several first grade teachers would go to your page and your units were buzzing around the table. It was fun to watch...of course I was quiet as a mouse not wanting to be 'found out'...not sure how my district honchos would take it. So proud of you...enjoy!
Vicky
Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

Sally said...

Congratulations on Teacher of the Year! That's so awesome!

Sally from Elementary Matters

luckeyfrog said...

Congratulations, Jodi! How very exciting. I hope your husband's trouble will be over, now, too- praying for an easy recovery!

Jenny (another Indiana teacher :)
Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

Abby said...

Yahoo!!

Congratulations! Well deserved!!

Abby
Third Grade Bookworm

Tanya said...

Congratulations, Jodi! What an amazing honor! Glad to hear that you husband is doing well also! =)

~Tanya
A+ Firsties

Jodi said...

Thank you :)

Jodi said...

Isn't it a great show!!!

Jodi said...

Thank you :)

Jodi said...

Thanks!

Jodi said...

Yes it was a huge cake :)

Jodi said...

Thank you so much!!

Jodi said...

Thank you!

Jodi said...

Now that I've seen one Cirque De Soleil, I want to see them ALL!!

Jodi said...

Thanks!

Jodi said...

Thank you so much!

Jodi said...

I am definitely thrilled :) AND...am so, so, so happy that my hubby is getting better!!!

Jodi said...

It was really fun!

Jodi said...

It still hasn't sunk in, but it's very exciting!

Jodi said...

Thank you!

Jodi said...

Thank you!! And...everyone loves a party ;)

Jodi said...

Thank you!

Jodi said...

It is definitely a fun place!

Jodi said...

How awesome!! I kept my blog and TpT store a secret for over a year. I was so nervous what people would think. When I was finally found out, everyone was very supportive.

Jodi said...

Thanks!

Jodi said...

Thank you! I hope it's over too :)

Jodi said...

Thank you!

Jodi said...

Thank you so much!

Lori Rosenberg said...

Jodi,

I'm so happy for you! What a well deserved honor! As always, I am thinking about your hubby and sending my best!
ΡΌ Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter
luvyorkies@gmail.com

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...