Saturday, April 27, 2013

Five for Friday

I'm linking up again for Five for Friday.
 
1. I have to start with the BEST news! 
Katelyn, the little girl I had the fundraiser for in January, received her new heart this week!!!!  She's doing amazing!
The whole entire school was delighted to hear the news.  Katelyn Facetimed with her class and told them the news, "I'm getting my new heart today."  Her and her friends gave each other virtual high fives.  How sweet is that!!
 
2. Last week, we were learning about ou/ow.  We used my "Ouch! What Happened to My Teacher?" activity.
The students had to collect clues with "ou" and "ow" words to find out what happened to me.  I loved listening to their predictions. 
 
3. Last night, I thought my husband and I were going to dinner with some friends from work.  Little did I know, they had planned a surprise party for me.
 I had NO idea!  I work with the most amazing people!  It was such a fun night!
 
4. I do have my May Morning Work packet finished.  I have someone proofreading it for me right now, but hope to get it posted today or tomorrow.  I will let you know when it's up and ready :)
 
I'm also working this weekend to update this unit.
From this:
To this:
 
5. Finally, does your room look anything like this right now?
This is my reading table where I pull small groups during station {center} time, but right now it is covered in "end of the year assessments."  Holy cow!!  Feeling a little overwhelmed with everything that needs to be finished.
This picture that Katie posted this week sums it up.
 
 
 
 
 


13 comments:

Miss Squirrels said...

Oh I only wish my teacher table looked that good- we have so much going on over there for the end of the year- bleck-
SO happy for your Katelynn!
Squirrels
Going Nutty!
misssquirrels@yahoo.com

Lori Rosenberg said...

Thanks for posting about Katelynn! She's always in my thoughts and prayers. She is absolutely adorable and looks like she's doing well. I'm so happy!

ΡΌ Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter
luvyorkies@gmail.com

Krystal said...

I have two tables that look like that.... (Well, 3 if you count my dining room table at home! Lol!!)

Kristin Young said...

Teacher of the Year!!! Good for you!!!! :) That's awesome. I oh so love how your school is all behind Katelyn and put her updates on the marquee! Oh my heart.

And yes...my table definitely looks like that...but with more piles of student work, copies, things for next week...because the assessments are making me behind in everything else. Then again...it IS a sign of EOY so hang in there!! ;)

Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

Teaching Little Miracles said...

Hi Jodi! Congratulations on teacher of the year!! Also, such good news about Katelynn. :-)

I'm with you on the end of the year craziness... We have 18 more days! Seems like this year has flown by!

Crystal
Teaching Little Miracles

Dana said...

I am so with you on how your teacher table looks. I feel overwhelmed X a million! DRA, Dibels, End of Year Tests, etc. are stressing me out! Good luck to you with the end of your year! We just did ou, ow this past week too and your idea is too cute! Tucking it away for next year!

Polka Dots, Checks and Stripes

Mrs. Griffith said...

How heartwarming...I love good news! And yes, my table looked exactly like that last week!

Lindsay
For the Love of First Grade

Special Teacher for Special Kids said...

Thank you for sharing and letting us know her progress. You deserve a party! And you desk is neat..... I don't know what color my table is when I am working! My husband says... "A mess, shows progress!"

Iteachkidsabc@gmail.com
:o) V.
Special Teacher for Special Kids

Miss Cosby said...

My group table looks much worse than that. ;)

Brenda
You Might Be a First Grader….

Ashley Reed said...

Praise God that Katelynn is doing so well!! :)

Sara Soucy said...

Glad to hear about Katelyn! And what a great husband! I think I need to put that poster somewhere I can see it ALL the time.

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Leapin' Into First Grade!! said...

Thank you for keeping us posted about Katelyn. Let us know how her recovery goes. My precious son has a heart condition and has had two surgeries. He had his second one in October of last year. He was in first grade. His class gave him this huge box full of activities, books, and toys for him during his hospital stay. Hearing about a precious angel with a heart condition is always dear to our hearts.

Tiffany May said...

Congratulations to that precious girl Katelyn!!! Also, congratulations to you for becoming Teacher of the Year!! I'm sad to give my throne up on June 7th. =( What an honor. You go girl!!

((HUGS))
Tiffany
One Fab Teacher

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...