Friday, May 24, 2013

Five for Friday...Check out our Talent!

TGIF!  Now, I know many of you are saying thank God it's Summer, but we aren't there quite yet.  One more week.  I think I can!  I think I can!  Some good news though is that I have today off, so we have a 4 day weekend.  Too bad it's kind of cold outside :(  I'm linking up for Five for Friday today.
1. I have to share this video of our school talent show.  This is one of my favorite days every year!  I LOVE seeing our students perform their talents.  Too cute!  The teachers always do some type of "act" every year.  This year was TOO much fun!
{I'm the one on the left side in the hot pink shorts and blue shirt...doing the handstand later on.}
 

 
I love my coworkers!  As we say, we work hard and then play hard.
 
2.  Today I will be enjoying my day off, but also filling my day with cleaning, laundry, and prepping for my almost 6 year old's birthday party.  {Shed a tear...I can't believe she's almost 6!!}
 
3. They are renovating our school this summer.  Most of the school has moveable walls, so they are putting in real walls and doors.  My room is in a "new" part, so I have walls, but no door.  The only renovation for me will be new carpet.  It will be nice, but it also means we have to pack up EVERYTHING :(
I do have a lot of storage space, so most of it can be put away in my own classroom.  I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they get it done quickly and we aren't setting up our classrooms the night before school starts. 
 
4.  The last two weeks of school can be chaotic anyways, but you add packing up your classroom to it, and it has the potential to be out of control.  These packets have definitely helped.
 



 
5.  I think I've procrastinated long enough.  I have a date with these guys.
 
Have a GREAT weekend!
 
 
 
 


18 comments:

Lori said...

What a fun talent show! Packing up an entire classroom is so much work. Hope they get your room completed quickly!
Lori
Conversations in Literacy

Molly said...

I LOVE that the teachers do an act in the talent show! So fun! I recently had the same date last weekend! Happy Friday!

Molly
Lucky to Be in First

Nicki said...

Ugh..laundry..is it every really done? Good luck getting your room packed and ready..that's a lot of work!

Nicki
Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

Carolyn Kisloski said...

Oh my gosh, I just smiled all the way through your assembly song! Loved it! :) Yeah- my son just got home from college so I am with you on the laundry thing, too!
Carolyn
Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

kheila dunkerly said...

Loved your post...I could really relate! Kids growing up too fast, school renovation, and of course piles of laundry! Have a great weekend!
Kheila
Two Friends In First

Live, Laugh, I LOVE Kindergarten said...

Our school is moving to a new building so I will be packing up everything soon to move! I know how you feel!

Kimberly Ann
Live, Laugh, I LOVE Kindergarten

Brittany Hutchinson said...

Y'all's 'act' was SO cute!!! You guys are some great dancers.. I'm pretty sure much better than what my staff this year would have been!

I hear ya on the packing!!! I just packed up my entire classroom to move across country... soooo not fun.

Have a great long weekend :)
Brittany
Closing the Gap... in a Cute Outfit!

Susanna - Whimsy Workshop said...

That's so awesome! I posted about our talent show too this week. It's such a great staff-bonding experience to be up there dancing around. Great post!
Susanna
Whimsy Workshop

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness! Your school is full of pretty amazing dancers...and that handstand! Wow! Such fun! Your students are lucky to have you!

Jennifer
Elementary School Garden

Tanya Dwyer said...

Your post was such a fun read! I can relate to kiddos growing up way to quickly. My youngest is headed into 3rd and I can't believe it! My date with the washer, dryer and mop are calling too (after a little more blog hopping=). Thanks for sharing!

~Tanya
A+ Firsties

Sandy Welch said...

I have a date with those two also! It's a regular thing. Your Talent show was great! Thanks for another fun post!

First Grade Buddies said...

Packing a classroom doesn't sound great this time of year! It's a good way to get organized though I suppose! Your girls are adorable.
Tamra and Sarah
First Grade Buddies

Lisa Mattes said...

JODI!!!! Thanks for the love!!! But even more, thanks for the laugh!!! Love, love, loved that great video!!! What a fun staff...makes for many memories each year I'm sure!

Hugs - Lisa
Have you entered the Mystery Box Giveaway?

Lesson Plan SOS Teachers said...

A talent show?!?! How fun is that???? I totally remember those and it is so exciting that your school still has them! I love that your staff works together in such a fun way! Your students must love seeing their teacher up on stage! Thanks for sharing! :) Melissa

Lisa Bohaty said...

OMG! LOVE the video! It was fun to watch! Looks like you have a great staff! How fun and what great memories you are making!
I'm your newest follower!

shehzad Amc said...

i love that your staff works togather in sucha fun way your student must love seeing their teacher up on stage.thanks for sharing.

boca raton obgyn

shehzad Amc said...

i have a date with those two also! It's a regular thing. Your Talent show was great! Thanks for another fun post!

dentist encino

saeed ahmed thanvi said...

World's Most Popular Cars, Hot Speed Cars, Hot Cars with Hot Girls, Cars Latest Pictures with all info, Latest updates Cars Models and Company Cars, Strange Vehicles, Concept Cars, Top 10 Expensive Cars in the World.
Visit this Link for More Strange Vehicles and Cars with Latest info and Pictures
WorldLatestVehicles.com

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...