Sunday, May 19, 2013

Indiana Bloggers Blog Hop FREEBIE

When people hear Indiana, one of the first things they usually think of is racing and the Indianapolis 500.  This famous race always takes place during Memorial Day weekend.  I have to be honest with you.  I don't like racing!  I may be banned from the state, but it has just never interested me.  I've been to the Indy 500, but it still didn't do much for me.  However, I'm more than happy to participate in this fun Indiana Bloggers "racing themed" blog hop.
So, "Ladies and Gentlemen. Start your engines" and lets get moving through some great freebies!
 
I created this fun freebie to use last week with my kiddos and they LOVED it!
 
 I printed off two copies of the sight words and spread them out across the carpet in two rows.  Students were grouped into two teams.  They took turns racing through their sight words.

 photo ce114cd9-44f2-45dd-8acb-36571f358fc6_zps2809fb7e.jpg
 
They had so much fun racing each other that I don't think they had any idea that they were practicing their sight words.

 
You can download this freebie by clicking on the cover page above or by going to my TpT store HERE.
 
Now it's time to continue on through the Blog Hop.  You may have come from Twenty Something Teacher Tales.  If not, you can go back and visit her.
If you are continuing through the blog hop, your next stop is my good friend Rebecca!
 
Thanks for stopping by for our Indiana Bloggers Blog Hop!

6 comments:

Miss Wilson said...

1. I love your freebie. I will definitely be printing and tucking that idea away for the future.
2. I fixed the mix up and we're now correctly linked up!
3. You have an adorable layout!
4. Hope you don't mind a new follower. ;)

Miss Wilson

1stgradefireworks said...

Jodi! FANTASTIC BLOG HOP! So fun! My boys next year will be sooooo happy! THANK YOU! wendy 1stgradefireworks@gmail.com
1stgradefireworks

Ashley Benoit said...

What a great idea!

Ashley
The Teacher's Treasure Chest

jmommymom said...

I love active reading games. This is great!

aujus53 said...

My students love competition!!! thanks for this word race idea!!

Lee Ann Rasey said...

Great fun game! What are the other students doing as the two are racing?

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...