Sunday, March 9, 2014

Bright Ideas Hop {Focus Walls}

I'm so excited to be participating in the Bright Ideas Blog Hop again this month. 
 
I have discussed using Focus Walls and Objective Walls in the past, but I wanted to bring it up again during this hop because they are such great resources that would be appropriate in any classroom at any grade level.
I have this Focus Wall next to my calendar and meeting area in my classroom.
I like to have it in this area because we can review our skills for the week each morning.  This involves very little preparation every week, but it's such a great visual for the students.
I also have this Objective Board on my white board at the front of my classroom.
Last year, I used my Cameo to cut vinyl for the headings.  I just write our objectives for the week.  This is not only helpful for my students, but a substitute could come into my classroom and know exactly what we are working on.
The important thing to remember about Focus Walls and Objective Boards though is that if you don't use it with your students, they will NOT use it on their own.  You have to show your students how to use their resources and review it frequently!
 
Thanks for stopping by as you make your way through the Bright Ideas Hop.  Your next stop along the way is:
http://2ndisoutofthisworld.blogspot.com/2014/03/bright-ideas-new-book-box.html
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

Courtney B said...

Great ideas Jodi! Love your apple pocket chart.

Mrs. Bartel's School Family (Alyce) said...

Love the difference between focus and objective walls. I want to do that in my classroom! Thanks for sharing.
Alyce

Gladys said...

Love this post! I love having a focus wall in my classroom...it makes reviewing skills so much easier.

Gladys
Teaching in High Heels

Jennifer White said...

Love a good focus wall!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Lori said...

Great ideas! I love using focus walls!
Lori
Conversations in Literacy

Mel D said...

Great ideas Jodi! I need to get my Cameo out of the box & use it more :o)
Seusstastic Classroom Inspirations

Mrs. Wheeler said...

Great ideas! I need a Cameo!!! I love the idea of having a focus wall! I 'sort of' have one! :)

Megan
Mrs. Wheeler's First Grade

Mrs. Wheeler's TPT

Nicole from Teaching With Style said...

I love that apple pocket chart! So cute!

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...